Kayakstore Online Battle 2022 Rules
* Register here *
Registration and Entry fee:
- All participants must completely fill out the official registration form. (Order the Kayakstore Battle Register product on Kayakstore.se)
- Entry fee (depends on which event you join) The entry fee covers the cost of the event and the shipping of the starter package.
- Payment will be invoiced from Explr Sweden AB / Kayakstore.se
- Participants from outside of Sweden, can get a surcharge of SEK 100 for extra shipping costs for shipping the participation package.
- Anglers will be participating in a one day event using CPR format. (Catch, Photo, Release)
- Anglers will turn in pictures of their 5 best fish (Pike). Anglers must be using an approved Kayakstore measuring device. (Will be provided) Nothing else will be accepted.
- An App will be used during the events of 2022. App must be downloaded and tested by angler that it works prior to the event. The Event takes no responsibility for faulty app or break downs.
- Anglers are solely responsible for getting the app to work and making sure they are registered in time.
- Anglers must be fishing from a non-gasoline-motorized vessel (Electric motor is OK). Kayak, Canoe, and SUP are the only permitted watercraft in this event. Only one person per vessel. Sails are not allowed.
Launch and access:
- (On the Online events, you can fish where ever you want) But it has to be public waters!
- Anglers must have a valid fishing license for the lake they are fishing.
- Any area marked off-limits is to be honored. This also means private waters.
- Any angler caught launching or fishing in an off-limits area will be disqualified.
- All fish must be taken with a fishing rod, line and hook on the day of the tournament. No other methods are permitted.
- Artificial lures and flies only.
- Fish must be hooked in the mouth. Fowl hooked Fish are ineligible.
- No live bait.
- Only 1 rod may be used at a time.
- Trolling is NOT permitted.
- Any angler caught violating these rules will be disqualified.
- If the fish don't survive the catch, it won't count! Take care of your fish and don't fish too deep.
- Legal fish lengths are as follows:
- Minimum size for Pike 50 cm
Anglers will be given a Token for the day of the tournament. This token is very
important to the angler as it must be in the picture of your fish for the fish to
count. An angler is responsible for this token from the moment it is assigned to
them until they check in for the day. No replacement tokens will be available.
The token must be visible within the photo. You write your ID on this token.
If the ID is not visible or not in the photo, the photo will be declined.
- All fish must be photographed on an approved Kayakstore measuring device (Provided).
- You must use your Smartphone to submit fish through the App.
- Fish must be lying flat, facing left to right, with mouth closed in a natural resting position centered against the vertical portion of the measuring device. The fish must appear in a natural state. Any manipulation of the fish will result in a penalty. The tail will be measured as it lies.
- Only the angler's hand can hold the fish down on the board. Use of bands, grips, stringers, etc... Will result in a disqualification of that fish. You can't cover too much on the fish, if it is a perch or pike you need to be able to identify the eyes, fins and jaw for example. If the fish is to be covered by hand or token, it will not count.
- Photo must be taken in the angler's kayak with the Token clearly visible in every picture for it to count. Do not put the token on the fish.
- Anglers are responsible for having pictures clear and visible for the judge's view. Multiple shots of a fish for clarity are acceptable and "hero" shots are encouraged.
- The judge and Tournament Director have official say on a fish's length.
- If the photo isn't clear that the fish is firmly against the edge of the board, you will be deducted with a minimum of 2 cm.
The judge will round up to the nearest full cm from where the tail lies. A 30.1cm
length fish will be recorded as 31cm , a 30.5cm will be 31cm, a 30.9cm will be
31 cm. Judges have full discretion on open mouth and where the tail lies. If there
is a questionable photo, judges can ask tournament director to make final ruling.
Once 5 fish (one species) are fulfilled an angler can upgrade
their catch continuously during the day until there is no time left in the tournament. A fish needs to be submitted prior to the competition day ends to be able to be judged.
- Any ties in total cm will be broken by the official time given at the judges table at the time of check in. For online events, ties will be decided of which who have the largest fish of any species, if the length is the same on one species, you check the second largest fish and so on.
- All anglers are to follow the laws specifically stated by the local fishing association. Each angler must have a valid fishing license for the days they will be on the water. (not included in entry fee)
- All participants must wear their life vest throughout the duration of the competition.
- The organizers will take no responsibility for any accident or injury during the event.
- All anglers and participants enter and compete in this competition at their own risk.
- Organizers have the right to cancel, move or stop the competition if they believe the weather or any other circumstance will be a threat to the participants.
Anglers are to use sportsmanship on and off the water. Be respectful of others
participants that are launching or fishing in similar areas to you. Anglers are
expected to follow all the rules. Anyone caught cheating could receive
punishment by law and receive lifetime bans from other kayak fishing events and
- Open Mouth on fish; 2cm deduction penalty. (If bottom jaw isn't touch end plate 4 cm deduction, If it is clearly of the edge of board fish will be disqualified.
- Unnatural manipulation of the fish; 2cm deduction penalty
- Any device, other than the hand, holding a fish to the trough; 2cm deduction penalty.
- Token and/or boat missing in photo; Fish in photo will not be counted.
- Fish not firmly against the edge, 2cm minimum deduction. (Bottom jaw must touch)
- Anglers Violating the Catch Rules.
- Any fish on a stringer or restrained no Hawg trough by any other means than competitorsʼ hand.
Any participant wishing to file a formal complaint against a competitor must do so
so, in writing previous to the conclusion of check-in at each day. This complaint
must be turned in, in writing, specifically explaining the violation and by whom; it
must be signed and turned into the Tournament Director with a 1000 SEK
Is exclusively left to the Tournament Director. Decisions of the Tournament
Directors are final in all matters and are not subject to appeal.
- Any/all rule changes will be posted for viewing on the notice board during the
event and will be announced by email. - All rules are subject to change without notice
notice at the discretion of the Tournament Director.
Payouts and prices:
- We have multiple sponsors for the events.
- Prizes won or received at the event are final. There is no official trading or switching off items won.
- It's up to the winners to handle a possible tax for cash prices.
- Gift cards won at kayakstore.se are individual, they cannot be sold, traded or used by anyone other than the winner of the gift card. Gift cards are only valid for 4 months. Gift cards that are not used before 4 months after the event will not be renewed.